Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 48-ounce can chopped sea clams, with the juice
- 1 can of water, use the same can from the clams
- ½ pound of clam base
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons of salt
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped parsley (reserved)
- Add everything together in a sauce pot.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Combine ⅔ cup cornstarch and ⅔ cup of cold water to make a slurry, then add to simmering clam sauce stirring constantly.
- Bring sauce back to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Let it cool before adding the reserved parsley.
- Heat to order and toss with linguine.
- Garnishing this dish with little neck clams is an awesome touch!