International Pizza Expo is finally here. Pizza Today is your guide to the largest pizza industry trade show. The exhibit hall is the size of eight football fields and the educational program is packed with more than 60 business-boosting seminars, workshops and demonstrations. Pizza makers from across the world compete for top honors in the International Pizza Challenge and the World Pizza Games.
Amidst the whirlwind of the week’s excitement, we’ve pulled together a sampling of Pizza Expo events you may have not thought to factor into your schedule. Check out five can’t miss moments:
- The International Pizza Challenge areas are the places to be Tuesday through Thursday to taste some of the world’s best pizza. A Pizza Today insider’s tip: After each pizza maker’s pizza is judged, one is also sliced for spectators to try. Check out the IPC Schedule.
- Beer & Bull Idea Exchange (Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.) is the place to be to connect with fellow operators. Tony Gemignani will lead a short discussion on the red-hot ghost kitchens trend, which could potentially top $1 trillion in sales by 2030. This is your opportunity to find out how to start or participate in a ghost kitchen model that can expand your market, increase sales and boost your bottom-line! The popular session will have great beer, snacks and other refreshments.
- Pizza Expo Block Party (Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.) — Yes, party in a festival-style event with music, games and contests, food and beverage booths and the ever-popular finals of the Freestyle Acrobatic Dough-Tossing event from the World Pizza Games. You’ve never experienced dough acrobatics like this. The party gives the pizza industry a chance to unwind and get together after the show floor closes and seminars have ended.
- The Demonstration areas give you up-close instruction from top chefs. From dough starters and multi-purpose dough to five different pizza styles (Roman, Detroit, Thin & Crispy, New York and Sicilian), pizza makers will illustrate innovative tips. See the full lineup of demonstrations.
- Win money, and not by playing the odds! There are several opportunities to win both cash and prizes. The $10,000 MEGABUCKS Giveaway is handed out every year to one lucky winner, but you’ve got to be present to win at the close of the show on Thursday. Each game piece must be stamped by participating exhibitors and you’ll need to be in the International Pizza Challenge area Thursday immediately following the final bake-off for Pizza Maker of the Year. Individual exhibiting booths will be holding additional giveaways, including mixers and POS software. Check out each booth to see what’s available, and good luck!
This is just a drop in the bucket of the excitement coming to Pizza Expo 2021. Visit PizzaExpo.com to start planning your trip and download the app.