Porta New Orleans
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
Courtesy of Darryl Reginelli Reginelli’s Pizza, New Orleans, LA
- 1 puff pastry square
- 1 brush of hazelnut pesto
- 1 portabella cap
- 1 brush of garlic butter sauce
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 ounces caramelized onions
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 2 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 1 dollop of roasted garlic spread
- A pinch of chopped basil
- Place the puff pastry square on a coated pan and brush with hazelnut pesto.
- Place the portabella cap on top of the pastry square, and brush with garlic butter sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper mixture on the portabella cap.
- Spread caramelized onions on the cap and around the edges of the pastry square.
- Sprinkle diced pancetta and shredded fontina on top.
- Add a dollop of roasted garlic spread.
- Once out of the oven, garnish with a couple of shredded fresh basil leaves and serve.