Roasted Eggplant Egg Rolls
Author: Pizza Today
Courtesy of Jeffrey Freehof The Garlic Clove, Evans, GA
- 1 eggplant
- 1 roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup marinara
- ½ cup Parmesan
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg (for eggwash)
- Dice the eggplant and toss it with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast it with a red pepper in the oven (350 F for 20 to 25 minutes), tossing occasionally.
- Toss in a bowl with the rest of the filling mix and let cool.
- Fill egg roll wrappers, then roll them up.
- Use an egg wash around the edges to seal.
- Fry at 350 F until golden.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice