Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Serves: two 8-ounce servings
Recipe courtesy of Randy Price, Rocky Mountain Restaurant Group.
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken
- breast halves
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces Tomato or spaghetti sauce
- Four slices of mozzarella cheese
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
- Flatten chicken to ¼-inch thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and basil.
- In another bowl, beat egg.
- Lightly coat chicken with flour, dip chicken into egg, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Top each piece of chicken with tomato or spaghetti sauce and one slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Place basil sprig on top of cheese for garnish.
- Serve with a side of pasta and tomato sauce.