Sausage-stuffed Ravioli with Basil Cream Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 basil leaves, chiffonade
- ½ tablespoon green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ⅔ cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Sausage ravioli
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Warm pan to medium-high heat.
- Add butter.
- Once melted, add onions, garlic & peppers.
- Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and basil to pan; continue to saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream to pan.
- Bring to a simmer and hold for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, stirring to incorporate.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until pasta is warmed through.
- Serve on heated plate and garnish with basil leaves.