Greek Spinach and Feta Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- ½ cup sliced and pitted green and kalamata olives
- ¼ pound feta cheese crumbles
- Wash the spinach and remove stems.
- Cook spinach in ½ cup water over medium-high heat, covered, until the spinach wilts.
- Drain excess liquid, then cook and stir spinach with the cover off for 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil, garlic and pepper to the spinach.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for four minutes.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the olives evenly over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the pizza and bake.