Author: Pizza Today
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ clove garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ small can tomatoes, drained and diced
- ½ small can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place ground lamb in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and break into small pieces until mostly browned.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste, then season with parsley, basil, mint, cumin, and cayenne.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors.
- Spread lamb mixture over medium-sized pizza dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Slice and serve.