Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 45 ounces of your proprietary dough with 70 to 80 percent hydration
- 5 ounces of grated Parmesan or Asiago
- 20 ounces shredded mozzarella/ provolone blend
- 5 to 6 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 12 to 14 pear tomatoes, split and drained
- 4 ounces of cubed, fresh mozzarella
- Course sea salt and extra virgin olive oil
- Take the dough ball and stretch into a pan that has been oiled with extra virgin olive oil.
- Using both hands, spread the dough to the ends and corners.
- Let the dough rest at room temperature for fifteen minutes.
- Stretch again using your fingertips to work the middle of the pan first and out toward the ends.
- Oil the top of the dough and let rest near your pizza oven at 80 F for one hour visiting two more times to push the dough into corners.
- After the pizza has proofed for an hour, take your fingertips and dimple the dough, starting with the middle first and down the pizza dough.
- Place in a 485 F oven until just barely golden (5 to 7 minutes).
- Pull out, remove from the pan and cool.
- When cool, place the Parmesan, mozzarella-provolone mix, fresh basil and pear tomatoes on the pizza.
- Place the fresh mozzarella dice along the pie and drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.
- Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
- Remove and let cool somewhat before serving or boxing.