Mediterranean Pasta Salad // July 2013 Issue
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 8 ounces of farfalle, rigatoni or other short pasta
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 3?4 cup Niçoise or oil-cured olives,
- pitted and halved
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups diced, seeded dead-ripe fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1?4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1?4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in abundant salted, boiling water until al dente.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Set aside to dry for a few minutes. (Note: Pasta can be cooked a day or two ahead.
- Rinse the pasta and spread out on sheet pans. Refrigerate, covered.)
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, olives, fresh basil, tomatoes, capers, vinegar and olive oil.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Add the cheese and toss again.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad can be served at room temperature if need be, or it can be refrigerated for at least 1 hour before serving.