If you’ve been on social media lately, you’ve probably noticed a viral video making a pizza dip. We decided to try our hand at making one ourselves.
Author: Mandy Detwiler
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 25 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chiffonade for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, use your proprietary sauce and mix with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella.
- Place the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a 6-inch ramekin or pie plate.
- Top with ½ the pizza sauce.
- Place half the pepperoni atop the sauce, and top that with ¼ cup shredded mozzarella.
- Add another layer of pepperoni, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 F until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with crostini (we dipped ours in garlic butter and baked in the pizza oven until browned).