Arancini -- Jeffrey Freehof, The Garlic Clove
Author: Jeffrey Freehof The Garlic Clove, Evans, GA
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup raw sushi rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large portobello mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Sauté the minced onion and mushroom in the olive oil along with the sausage and garlic.
- Once the onions are translucent and the sausage is cooked, add the rice and the chicken stock.
- Simmer on a fairly low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- Set aside, covered, and let cool.
- Scoop and roll rice balls to desired size.
- Let them chill, then bread them with a standard breading procedure using flour, egg wash and bread crumbs.
- Keep them refrigerated until ready to fry at 350 F for about
- to 5 minutes.