Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
Courtesy of Paolo Priore Scuola Italiana Pizzaioli, Italy “I like to use bread that has been stale for a few days. Do not submerge in water, just spray enough to soften it. This is a good lunch!” ~ Paolo Priore.
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ounces red onion, sliced
- 1 ounce oregano
- Slice the bread thickly and spray it with water to soften it.
- Brush with olive oil generously, then top with cherry tomatoes and red onion.
- Finish with oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.