Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Courtesy of Jason Hague Bada Bing! Pizzeria, Springfield, OH “This is my tribute to Tony Soprano. I had customer requests via Facebook to do something in his honor. So I came up with this pizza. Ever since then, it’s been a hit." “Goombah” is a term used to call someone your very close friend. And also, when you say the ingredients of the pizza, and in the right impression, you can sound like you’re an Italian American! Instead of pizza sauce I use Marinara sauce. It’s a little sweeter to offset the saltiness of the meats. It gives the pizza a nice balance.” ~ Jason Hague.
- 12-inch pizza dough
- 6 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese blend
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 3 ounces salami (quartered)
- 3 ounces capicola (sliced into strips)
- 2 ounces meatballs (sliced)
- 2 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ounce butter sauce
- Open the pizza dough and brush with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle on pecorino-Romano cheese and the mozzarella/provolone blend.
- Add pepperoni, salami, capicola, meatballs, ricotta and garlic.
- Baste the edge of the dough with the butter sauce, then sprinkle on the oregano.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and ready to serve.