Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
Courtesy of Kelvin Slater Blue Moon Pizza, Atlanta, GA
- 3 prepared mushroom caps
- 4 ounces red sauce
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 leaves basil, chopped
- Place mushrooms with the cap side down on a pizza screen.
- Fill each mushroom cap with red sauce, then evenly sprinkle goat cheese over the sauce.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the mushroom is 165 F.
- Place hot mushrooms on an appetizer plate and sprinkle with fresh, chopped basil and serve.