Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Courtesy of Don Petralia Mangia Italiano, Port Charlotte, FL
- Chicken Soup Base
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup light cream
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- We use our Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup as the base for this pizza, topped with mozzarella, spinach, artichokes and ricotta.
- We use fresh Spinach, steam spinach until tender, drain well, pat dry and chop.
- Drain and quarter approximately 20 to 30 canned artichoke hearts.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk, cream and broth.
- Cook and stir until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Stir in chicken and a dash of pepper.
- Ladle soup on crust as sauce.
- Top with mozzarella, spinach, artichoke hearts and randomly pipe ricotta over surface of pizza. Bake.