The Johnny Avalanche Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Courtesy of Mike Shepherd 600 Downtown, Bellefontaine, OH
- 17-ounce dough ball
- 2 ounces basil pesto
- 3 ounces sweet Peruvian peppers
- 8 ounces provolone
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Balsamic reduction
- Spread out the basil pesto lightly across the crust up to 3⁄8 -inch from the edge.
- Cover with provolone cheese, tear up fresh mozzarella (blot any excess water) and evenly spread across pizza, follow with the sweet Peruvian peppers and bake until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and create a crosshatch pattern across the top of the pizza with a Balsamic reduction.