Spinach Artichoke Dip
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups eavy cream
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated chicken stock base or crumbled bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted, drained well and chopped
- 6 ounces canned artichoke bottoms, drained & cut into ⅛-inch slices
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ teaspoon hot sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm olive oil and butter over med. heat.
- Add onion, stirring occasionally, then garlic & cook for another 2 min. only.
- Sprinkle in flour & continue cooking, stirring continuously, until mixture turns golden in color (10 to 15 min.)
- Slowly pour in the stock until well blended; then add cream.
- Let it simmer.
- Remove from heat, add Parmesan, chicken base or bouillon cubes, lemon juice & sugar, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add sour cream, spinach, artichoke bottoms, Monterey Jack cheese and hot sauce.
- Serve hot.