Island Dough Boys
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
Courtesy of William Manzo, Jr. Federal Hill Pizza, RI
- ½ ounce dough balls
- 10 count Heavy cut of pineapple
- and mango pieces.
- 2 8-inch wooden BBQ skewers
- 2 ounces powdered sugar
- 3 ounces Nutella
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ gallon corn oil
- Cut dough balls into small ½-ounce pieces and let rest while you prepare the oil.
- Heat oil to 350 F and drop balls of dough into oil.
- Make sure to turn the dough balls for that camel color look on both sides.
- Take the dough balls out of the oil and let rest on a paper towel for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a bowl.
- Place dough balls into sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and cover the entire surface.
- Take fruit and dough balls and arrange them on the skewers one after the other, then plate.
- Take Nutella and drizzle it on the dough balls and fruit.
- Finish by sprinkling with powdered sugar.