Kung Pao Chicken Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Courtesy of Diana Coutu Diana's Gourmet Pizzeria, Winnipeg
- 1 13-ounce pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Kung Pao sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 chicken breast, fully cooked, pan fried over low heat with light olive oil, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- ½ red onion, sliced into ¼-inch rings
- ½ green pepper, sliced ¼-inch rings
- ½ red pepper, sliced ¼-inch rings
- ½ cup fresh, hand-cut pineapple, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2⁄3 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine Kung Pao sauce and cooked diced chicken.
- Allow the chicken to soak up the Kung Pao sauce for 10 minutes.
- Hand slap out dough patty onto a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Brush center of pizza (where you would normally spread red sauce) with olive oil.
- Leave 1-inch at the edge of the crust without olive oil.
- Spread minced garlic over the olive oil.
- Combine dried oregano and basil in a shaker for easy application.
- Sprinkle dried oregano, dried basil, sea salt and pepper on the olive oil base.
- Smother the olive oil and herb base with shredded mozzarella.
- Spread out each topping evenly to the edge of the cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and ready to serve.