Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 pound ricotta, drained of any excess water
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and cream or milk.
- Beat well with a spoon.
- Pour the filling into the baked pie crust.
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Set the pie on a cookie sheet and bake on the center shelf of the oven for 40-45 min., until the center is just set and the pie is golden brown.
- Let stand for 15 min. before serving.