Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 3 cups pistachio ice cream
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- 1 + ¼ cup whipping cream, divided
- ⅓ cup sweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sifted powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Chill a 2-quart metal ice-cream mold in freezer.
- Meanwhile, stir pistachio ice cream to soften; stir in nuts.
- Spread quickly over bottom and up sides of mold, bringing ice cream to the top. (If ice cream slips down, refreeze until workable.)
- Arrange cherries around bottom of mold, pressing into ice cream; freeze.
- Stir vanilla ice cream to soften; mix in rum extract.
- Quickly spread over pistachio ice-cream layer; freeze.
- Combine ¾ cup whipping cream with cocoa powder; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Quickly spread over vanilla layer; freeze.
- Combine remaining cream, powdered sugar and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
- Pile into mold; smooth top.
- Cover with foil; freeze several hours or overnight.
- Peel off foil; invert onto chilled serving plate.
- Rub mold with warm, damp towel to loosen; lift off mold.
- Cut into wedges; serve.