Anna's Spinach Tortellini Carbonara
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Courtesy of Brian Weavel, Anna's Pizza & Pasta, Winnabego, Illinois
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 2 ounces Romano cheese
- 2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces finely chopped bacon
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a medium sauté pan, add the oil and butter at a low heat.
- Mince or finely chop the garlic and add to the oil and butter.
- Meanwhile, boil the cheese tortellini until cooked, then drain.
- Do not overcook the garlic because it will become bitter.
- When you are almost finished sautéing the garlic, add the Romano cheese and bacon.
- Right before removing from heat, add the baby spinach.
- Add the cheese tortellini and mix.
- Finish with a pinch of black pepper, plate the pasta and serve.