Bucatini All Amatriciana
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¾ pound buatini pasta or spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, sliced & cut into strips
- 1 1-inch dried peperoncino (14 teaspoon dried crust red pepper)
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Keep warm.
- In a large saute pan set over med. heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add the pancetta & saute until crisp.
- Transfer the pancetta to a paper-towel-lined-plate to drain.
- Add remaining oil to the same saute pan, set over med. heat.
- Add garlic & peperoncino; saute until pepeoncino darkens, about 2 min.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Add drained pasta to the saute pan.
- Toss to coat with the oil.
- Add the reserved pasta water.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Toss to coat.