Chicken Parmigiana Stromboli
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 10 ounces pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza or tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- ¼ pound grated mozzarella (low-moisture, part-skim)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roll or stretch pizza dough in a rectangle about 9-inchesx12-inches long.
- Place dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border all-around.
- Sprinkle Romano cheese over the sauce.
- Distribute chicken evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle on oregano.
- Starting with short end, roll like a jelly roll.
- Pinch seams together. If dough is too dry it may not seal, so brush the edges with water to make a good seal.
- Slash top of dough with two or three places to let stem escape during the baking process.
- Brush the top with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on a bit more grated Romano cheese (optional).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.