Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- ¾ cup carrots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup red wine
- ¾ cup beef bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Brown the beef in a medium pan; drain the fat.
- Heat the oil in the same pan over moderate heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots; cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, red wine, bay leaves and beef bouillon.
- Stir; simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaves just before serving.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain; serve with the Bolognese sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.