Fettuccine con Capesante e Scarola
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound scallops
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- ½ pound escarole, washed thoroughly and chopped coarse
- 6 quarts water
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet or sauté pan large enough to hold all the cooked pasta, brown the garlic in two tablespoons oil over medium-high heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Discard the garlic.
- Raise the heat to high, add the scallops and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add one tablespoon of oil if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the white wine and cook and stir gently until the alcohol has evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the clam juice, thyme, and escarole.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the escarole wilts.
- The dish can be prepared to this point and held for 1 hour.
- Bring the water to a boil in large pot, add salt, and cook the fettuccine until al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain quickly (some water left on the pasta is advisable, so don't drain the pasta too thoroughly).
- Return the sauce to the stove over medium heat.
- Dump all the cooked pasta into the pan and stir, cooking for about one minute.