Fettuccine with Shrimp and Peppers
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Serves: 4 servings (scale up in direct proportion)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup each red, green and yellow bell peppers cut into ¼-inch strips
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp (31-35) shelled, deveined and butterflied
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- In a sauté pan large enough to hold all the pasta after it has been cooked, warm the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers.
- Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes to soften the peppers.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is barely al dente.
- Drain, reserve and keep warm.
- Add the garlic and the shrimp to the sauté pan with the peppers.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp just begins to turn pink (the shrimp should be barely done).
- Add the red pepper flakes and basil.
- Add the reserved pasta to the sauté pan.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute to incorporate the flavors.
- Portion into heated pasta bowls and serve at once.