Lemon Goat Cheese Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound of farfalle pasta
- 1 cup of frozen sweet peas
- ½ cup of red onion, diced
- 5 ounces of goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 ounces of cubed pancetta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Chopped flat leaf Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a large stock pot, boil water for pasta.
- While the pasta is boiling, add olive oil to a medium pan and warm.
- Sauté pancetta until slightly crispy around the edges.
- Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add onions and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and thyme and stir for about a minute.
- Add in peas and stir, cooking until they are no longer frozen.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In your pan, mix the onions, pancetta, goat cheese and lemon juice, as well as a bit of the pasta water. (You may not need an entire cup.)
- Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Toss in farfalle and stir until the pasta is covered and the ingredients have meshed.
- Plate and top with a bit of chopped flat leaf Italian parsley.