Pancetta and Potato Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- One 14-inch pizza shell
- ¼ pound lean pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large redskin potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced almost paper-thin
- ½ cup chopped scallions, white part only
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper lakes (optional)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saute pan over low heat, cook the pancetta until it renders most of its fat and starts to get crispy, about 7 minutes.
- Brush the crust, including the edge, with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle on the minced garlic.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes, slightly overlapping them, up to the border of the crust (leave about a half-inch border).
- Sprinkle on the scallions, rosemary, thyme and red pepper flakes. pour the reserved pancetta, including the fat in the pan, evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.