Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 6 strips Applewood smoked bacon - diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh egg
- 2 tablespoons Romano
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 9 ounces orecchiette pasta
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce fresh mushrooms
- 1 ounce carrots, diced fine
- 1 ounce peas
- 2 ounces cream sherry
- Saute diced bacon, garlic and olive oil in a pan until slightly browned.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk egg, Romano, cream, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat pasta in boiling water then drain thoroughly.
- Add pasta into egg mixture bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Return pan with bacon to the heat for about a minute.
- Add mushrooms, peas and carrots, then saute until warm.
- Add sherry to deglaze.
- Ad pasta and egg mix to the pan, then toss to make sure eggs are cooked.
- Deglaze with pasta water as needed.
- Transfer to serving bowl and grind generous amount of black pepper over the top.