Pasta alla Carbonara
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 8 ounces guanciale, pancetta or good bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces dried linguine, spaghetti, or other thin pasta
- 8 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over low, render guanciale in oil until crispy and golden.
- Do not drain fat from pan, set side.
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Cook linguine until al dente; drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Reheat the guanciale in the pan with the aft and add ¼ cup of reserved cooking liquid.
- Toss in the pasta and heat through, shaking the pan, about 1 minute.
- If desired, transferred to a mixing bowl; add the cheese, eggs and pepper; toss until fully incorporated.
- Divide pasta among 4 warm pasta bowls.
- Top with additional pepper and cheese; serve immediately.