Pasta and Portobello
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms (2-3 caps, relative to size of caps)
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 4 fresh plum or Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¾ pounds short pasta (penne, rigatoni, farfalle)
- Chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 cup grated ricotta salata
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender (-8 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain the pasta, and toss with the mushroom and tomato mixture.
- Divide the pasta among four heated pasta bowls.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of fresh basil and ricotta salata over each portion.
- Serve at once.
: If you cannot get ricotta salata, use Romano.