Pasta con Asiago e Spinaci (Pasta With Asiago Cheese & Spinach)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 Ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, stemmed if necessary
- ½ pound Asiago or fontina cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces roasted red bell peppers, drained (if using canned) and sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta or other short pasta such as fusilli or rotini
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, Asiago, roasted peppers, olive oil and garlic.
- Toss to combine.
- Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in an abundant amount of boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain the pasta.
- Working quicky, add the pasta to the bowl with the spinach.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss again.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls.
- Sprinkle some pine nuts over each portion.
- Serve at once.