Pasta Con Frutti Di Mare (Pasta with fruits of the sea)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup shrimp stock or clam juice
- 1 pound mussels
- ½ pound littleneck or manila clams
- ¼ pound rock or tiger shrimp
- ¼ pound calamari, cut into rings
- ¼ pound bay scallops
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- For the shrimp stock:
- Shrimp shells
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup white wine
- bay leaf
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, simmer stock ingredients.
- Bring water for pasta to a boil. In the meantime, scrub clams, debeard mussels and shell and devein shrimp.
- When water boils, add pasta.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil, then sauté garlic.
- Add strained stock or clam juice, along with clams and mussels.
- Put lid on and steam until mollusks open.
- Add marinara sauce, shrimp, calamari and parsley.
- Cover again and cook for two minutes, then add scallops.
- Replace lid and cook for two more minutes, until scallops are just heated through.
- Drain pasta.
- Add to sauté pan and toss, then serve.
- Garnish with more parsley.