Pasta with Four-Cheese Cream Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large saute pan, set over medium heat, melt the butter - but do not let it brown.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Simmer for about 4 minutes to reduce slightly, then add mascarpone, Gorgonzola and Asiago.
- Cook and stir to blend and melt.
- Add the Parmesan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta and serve.