Rigatoni with Eggplant
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 ½ cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 small eggplants (about 1 pound each), washed and trimmed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds rigatoni or other hollow pasta such as ziti
- 1 ¼ cups crumbled feta cheese
- Place marinara over low heat and maintain at a simmer.
- Peel eggplant and cut into cubes.
- Toss with olive oil.
- Spread eggplant evenly on a lightly oiled sheet pan or baking sheet.
- Bake eggplant in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until it just begin to soften, stirring once or twice.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- For individual portions, divide pasta among six heated serving bowls; top each portion with some of the eggplant, sauce and feta cheese.