Rigatoni with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Serves: Enough sauce for 12 ounces of cooked pasta.
- ¾ pound rigatoni or ziti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain well, keep warm.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt the butter (do not brown).
- Add whipping cream and raise heat to med.-high.
- Add Gorgonzola and bring the sauce to a steady simmer to reduce slightly (about 3 min.)
- While creaming the small crumbles of Gorgonzola into the sauce with the back of a spoon.
- Lower heat.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce.
- Toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan & toss again.
- Serve at once.