Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 large shrimp peeled, deveined, tail on
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 ounces Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 lemon wedges
- 8 ounces seafood stock
- 2 ounces white wine (Chablis works well)
- 10 ounces imported linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons unsalted buyyrr
- 1 ounce pecorino Romano cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour sea salt an pepper.
- Lightly dredge shrimp in flour mixture, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil.
- Saute shrimp in oil; lightly brown on both sides.
- When shrimp changes color (pink) add garlic.
- Continue to saute, stirring constantly until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, lemon, seafood stock and wine.
- Reduce by ¼ to ½.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add linguine.
- Toss with butter and cheese.
- Garnish with parsley.