Tortellini with Tomatoes
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup pesto sauce*(recipe follows)
- 2.5 ounces salami, shaved
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- * Basic Pesto Sauce
- 5 cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 4 medium-sized garlic cloves
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1¼ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- To prevent basil from blackening, wash and dry leaves just before processing.
- Blend basil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan into a rough paste, using a processor.
- With the processor running, drizzle the olive oil in slowly, adding only enough to make a thick, smooth paste.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.