Tortellini with Meat Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pound sweet or mild Italian sausage
- ¾ pound ground chuck
- 2 quarts tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot set over medium heat, warm the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, onion and parsley.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the sausage and the ground chuck.
- Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink (about 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.