BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- 1 doughball
- 2 cans young (green) jackfruit (in brine or water), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (no honey)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 6 slices vegan smoked Gouda
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- ½ small red onion, thin sliced and
- 2 tablespoons diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh cilantro
- Drizzle of vegan ranch (See recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring olive oil to medium-high heat in skillet.
- Add onion and sautée for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in jackfruit, vegetable broth, liquid smoke and barbecue sauce.
- Bring to boil and then simmer 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens and jackfruit is fork tender.
- Shred bbq mixture.
- Oil stretched dough, then add Gouda slices. (Substitute with shredded vegan mozzarella.)
- Cover with barbecue mixture (approximately ¾ cup).
- Add onion.
- Drizzle with Ranch dressing and top with cilantro.
- Cut and serve.