Beans & Greens Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 pound fresh spinach washed & thicker stems removed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) finely diced peperoncini or hot red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cannellini beans (or 1 19-ounce can drained, rinsed)
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- ¾ pound shredded mozzarella
- In a large saute pan over med. heat, wilt the spinach in the water, covered, for 3-4 min.
- Drain excess water from the pan and put the pan back on the heat, uncovered, for 2 min.
- Tossing the spinach to evaporate any remaining water.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil the garlic & onion to the spinach.
- Cook and stir for 2 min.
- Add the salt and pepper, pepeeroncini and beans and cook over med. heat, stirring to combine. Set aside (mixture can be made ahead and refrigerated ).
- Brush the pizza crust lightly with olive oil.
- Spread half the mozzarella over the crust.
- Spread the spinach & beans mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.