Bruno's Brunch Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- ¾ pound chorizo
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- ½ cup canned refried beans, thinned with 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¾ cup medium-hot bottled salsa
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Asadero cheese
- In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the chorizo, breaking up the larger pieces, about 5 minutes.
- Drain all the fat from the pan. Reserve.
- Spread the refried beans over the pizza shell, leaving a ½-inch crust edge.
- Spread the salsa over the beans.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat scramble the eggs just until they are set and no longer runny.
- Spread the eggs loosely over the salsa.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the eggs.
- Combine the three cheeses ad sprinkle evenly over the eggs.
- Sprinkle the reserved chorizo over the cheese, pushing it into the cheese with your fingers.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- NOTE: This pizza will hold nicely on a buffet table for up to an hour.