Canadian Bacon Pizza with Spinach & Mushrooms
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 14-inch pizza shell
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces coarsely chopped Canadian bacon
- 8 ounces domestic mushrooms, sliced about ⅛-inch thick
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 6 ounces seasoned pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- In a sauté pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Canadian bacon and sauté only until the bacon begins to take on a light crisp.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms lose most of their moisture and begin to firm up.
- Add the spinach leaves and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the leaves just begin to wilt.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the crust.
- Add the reserved spinach and Canadian bacon mixture.
- Add the mozzarella and the Parmesan.