Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 3 spicy Andouille sausages, crumbled
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3½ pounds tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Brush non-stick pan with olive oil.
- Add sausage, onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook until meat browns.
- Transfer to medium saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except for milk.
- Cook over low heat until thick (will take 60 to 90 minutes).
- Add the evaporated milk and simmer five minutes.
- Serve over cooked fettuccine.