Founders Pie Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces pizza sauce
- ½ ounce Romano cheese
- 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella
- 2 ounces pepperoni, cooked
- 5 ounces sweet Italian sausage, cooked
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a 16-inch pizza peel.
- Stretch dough and brush olive oil over dough.
- Ladle pizza sauce over oil and sprinkle Romano cheese on the sauce.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Place pepperoni onto pizza; break cooked sausage into pieces onto pizza.
- Place small dollops of ricotta evenly over pizza.
- Bake in a wood-fired oven, directly on the brick surface, for approximately 5 minutes, turning periodically until golden brown.