Mediterranean French Bread Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 12 inch loaf of French bread
- 10 ounces heavy pizza sauce
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 ounces quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 fire roasted red pepper or 4 ounces of roasted red pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces of fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces of sliced portabella mushroom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces shredded provolone
- 2 ounces crumbled feta
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves
- Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise and pull just a little bit of the soft inside of the bread out creating a little bit of a shallow bowl.
- Spread the pizza sauce on both halves of the bread.
- Sauté in a hot pan with the olive oil the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, roasted red pepper adding the spinach, garlic salt and pepper last. This should only take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between the two halves of the French bread and top the sauce with this hot mixture.
- Now blend the four cheeses and place over both pizzas.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven or in your pizza oven for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and shred the basil leaves and sprinkle over the pizza.
- Serve immediately.