Pizza Bianca (The Classic White Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
This pie has received rave reviews from countless tradeshow attendees and test kitchen visitors. You will notice that specific quantities for the various ingredients are not given; this is because there is no size suggestion for this pie; make it how you like it and make it your own.
- Dough Ball
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Provolone Cheese
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Raw Pine Nuts
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Stretch the dough of your choice tot he thickness of your liking, and top first with the mozzarella and provolone cheeses.
- Next, lay on a nice portion of Gorgonzola cheese (the bluer, the better). You can stop right here and take it to the oven, or first add a sprinkling of pine nuts and a few twists of fresh ground black pepper.
- Bake at 550-600 degrees F for 3-5 min., and be sure to grate a bit of Parmigiano Reggiano on the pie when it comes out of the oven.