Pizza Del Giorno
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 5 cups yellow or red onions, halved and sliced (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 ounces spicy fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 12-inch pizza shell
- ¼ cup broken walnuts, toasted
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper or pimento strips
- Sauté onions with sausage and olive oil in large skillet for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add a little oil if needed.
- Add vinegar and mix.
- Turn onion-sausage mixture over onto pizza shell.
- Top with walnuts, cheese, chopped herbs and bell pepper.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.